THE SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
ADVANCING WITH ADVANCE SWEEPSTAKES (“SWEEPSTAKES”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE SPONSOR, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of any of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (nineteen  or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska) at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors, officers, members, successors and agents of Advance Stores Company, Incorporated (“Sponsor”), Genesco Sports Enterprises, Inc. (“Administrator”), National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC (“NASCAR”), Daytona International Speedway, LLC d/b/a Daytona International Speedway, their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, “Sponsor and Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three  months during the twelve -month period preceding the start date of the Sweepstakes). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects.
2. HOW TO ENTER: For each Participating Race (defined below), the Sponsor invites eligible individuals to submit their guess (“Guess”) of how many times the word “Advance” is said during the Official Race Broadcast (defined below) via Twitter. For Clarity: The words “Advance”, “Advances”, “Advancing”, “Advanced”, and “Advancement” will count towards the final word count (“Official Word Count”). The Official Word Count, as confirmed by the Administrator, in its sole discretion, will be used for determining the finalists in this Sweepstakes. See Section 3 for Finalists/Winner Determination.
For the purpose of this Sweepstakes, the “Official Race Broadcast” is defined as the broadcast on NBC or NBC Sports Network beginning at the start of the race (Green Flag) to the end of the race (Checkered Flag), including yellow flags (as long as the race has not stopped or been delayed). If the word “Advance”, “Advances”,
“Advancing”, “Advanced” or “Advancement” is used during a red flag, delay or a stop in a race, the word will not be counted.
The participating races are as follows (each a “Participating Race”):
The entry period assigned to each Participating Race (each an “Entry Period”) is as outlined below. If a Participating Race is postponed, the Entry Period starting and ending dates will shift forward by one (1) day for each day the Participating Race is postponed.
The time clock of the computer administering this Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for this Sweepstakes.
During an Entry Period, log into your personal Twitter account and tweet your Guess with @AdvanceAuto and #AdvancingWithAdvance #Sweepstakes (“Hashtags”) (altogether, the “Entry”) for a chance to win a Finalist Prize and advance to the Grand Prize Drawing. The Hashtags MUST be included and you must tag @AdvanceAuto in your tweet for your Entry to be valid. You must be a registered user of Twitter and follow Sponsor’s handle @AdvanceAuto on twitter.com/AdvanceAuto. If you do not have a Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. To become a follower of @AdvanceAuto, visit twitter.com/AdvanceAuto and follow as indicated. Additionally, your Twitter setting must be set to
“unprotected” and “public” for the entire duration of the Sweepstakes, in order for your tweet to be viewable by Administrator and to be contacted by Administrator if you are selected as a finalist or the Grand Prize winner.
Limit one (1) Guess per person per Entry Period. Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed by the Sponsor as proof of entry into this Sweepstakes. Once your Guess is submitted, you may not change your Guess and submit a subsequent Guess.
Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor's sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor's desired image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Sponsor) or other proprietary right of any entity or person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light), or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an Entry and may disqualify entrant from further participation in the Sweepstakes.
Incomplete, illegible, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for misspellings, typographical errors, or other issues that may affect the ability to locate or record an Entry. As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must comply with these Official Rules and The Twitter Rules found at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-rules. In the event of a conflict between the Sweepstakes Official Rules and The Twitter Rules, the Sweepstakes Official Rules shall govern.
Multiple entrants may not share the same Twitter account. An entrant is limited to one (1) entry per Entry Period, regardless of the number of Twitter accounts he or she may have. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning Entry and an eligible entrant. The name of the person submitting the Entry must be (a) the name of the person who registered for the Twitter account; and (b) the name of the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Twitter account, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. If it is discovered that an entrant attempted to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple Twitter accounts, identities or any other methods, that entrant’s Entries shall be deemed invalid, entrant shall be disqualified, and any prize won shall be forfeited.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Mobile entry is not required to submit an Entry or win a prize in this Sweepstakes.
By using the Hashtags, entrants are consenting to receive direct messages via Twitter if they are selected as a potential winner.
3. FINALISTS/WINNER DETERMINATION AND ODDS:
Determination of Finalists:
For Entry Period 1: The twelve (12) entrants who submitted the closest Guesses to the Official Word Count for the corresponding Participating Race will win a Finalist Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing.
For Entry Period 2: The eight (8) entrants who submitted the closest Guesses to the Official Word Count for the corresponding Participating Race will win a Finalist Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing.
For Entry Period 3: The four (4) entrants who submitted the closest Guesses to the Official Word Count for the corresponding Participating Race will win a Finalist Prize and be entered into the Grand Prize Drawing.
Individuals who win a Finalist Prize, subject to verification, may hereinafter be referred to as “Finalists” and/or “winners”. Finalists will be determined and notified approximately 7-10 days following the applicable Participating Race.
In the case of a tie for a Finalist position, the tied entrants will be entered into a random drawing. The Finalist position(s) will then be filled by the entrant(s) selected in the random drawing. The random drawing will take place on or about the first business day following the determination of the tied Finalists which will occur approximately 7-10 days following the applicable Participating Race. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received for a given race, entrants’ Guesses, and the Official Word Count. Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per household per Entry Period.
Grand Prize Drawing:
Up to twenty-four (24) Finalists will be included in the Grand Prize Drawing which will take place on or about November 8, 2021. Odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 24.
Drawing(s) will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
4. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Between September 16, 2021 and approximately November 16, 2021, entrants must have a public profile on their Twitter account used to enter in order to receive a prize notification or prize may be forfeited. Potential Finalists will be notified via direct message (“DM”) through their Twitter account and will be required to respond to the notification (as stated within the notification) within seventy-two (72) hours to capture their contact information, including their date of birth and valid email address. The Grand Prize winner will be
required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (“Affidavit”) with (where lawful) a publicity release within seven (7) days as indicated by the date on the Affidavit. If a potential Finalist or Grand Prize winner (a) is disqualified, found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules; (b) declines to accept the prize; (c) does not reply to notification as stated above; or (d) does not return required documents within the time period stated, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner determined from remaining eligible Entries, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service or the unavailability of Twitter which may result in a potential winner not receiving a notification. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for any change in entrant's contact information, including their Twitter account and email accounts. If, after a good-faith attempt, Sponsor is unable to award or deliver a prize, such prize may not be re-awarded. Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for any undelivered emails or unanswered DM’s, including without limitation, emails or DM’s that are not received because of a winner’s privacy or spam filter settings which may divert any Sweepstakes email, including any winner notification email, to a spam or junk folder. Finalist Prizes will be awarded within six (6) to eight (8) weeks of winner verification. Upon forfeiture for any reason as stated within these Official Rules, no compensation will be given.
5. PRIZE DETAILS:
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a trip for winner and one (1) guest to Daytona Beach, Florida to attend the race on February 20, 2022 at Daytona International Speedway (“Race”). Travel dates: February 18, 2022 to February 21, 2022. Trip consists of round-trip coach air transportation (from a major airport nearest winner’s home); double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations (one room) for three (3) nights; VIP access for winner and winner’s guest; two (2) UNOH Fanzone/Pre-Race experience tickets; two (2) racing themed gift bags; one (1) parking pass; and $750.00 (awarded in the form of a check, payable to winner). All tickets and passes are subject to the standard terms and procedures of NASCAR and subject to NASCAR’s sole discretion. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and change. If winner resides within 250 miles of Daytona Beach, another method of transportation may be substituted for air transportation by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled events (including, but not limited to airline flights and Race events) or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations beyond its control. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Ground transportation, upgrades, meals, gratuities, substitutions, luggage fees, and all other expenses not specified herein are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner will be required to provide a credit card prior to hotel check-in and is solely responsible for all incidental charges and may be required to sign an additional liability release for the use of the accommodations. If a guest is a minor, the minor guest must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian who must be the winner. Travel guest (or his/her parent or legal guardian if a minor) must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing or travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license, real ID or passport) required for travel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Once the travel guest is selected, he or she may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Additional prize award details and travel information may be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets and race event tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. In the event the winner and/or the guest misses a scheduled airline flight (through no fault of Sponsor or Released Parties or due to Force Majeure as defined below), Sponsor or Released Parties will have no liability for any costs associated with changing or rebooking transportation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,760.00. Actual value may depend on city/date/time of departure.
Twenty-Four (24) Finalist Prizes will be awarded (12 for Entry Period 1; 8 for Entry Period 2; and 4 for Entry Period 3), each consisting of an Advance Auto Part/NASCAR® officially licensed prize pack consisting of one (1) tailgate chair; two (2) koozies, two (2) hats; two (2) magnets, two (2) key straps, and two (2) drawstring bags. ARV: $81.02 each.
Total ARV of all prizes is $6,704.48. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and Released Parties, NASCAR, LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, successors, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Sweepstakes. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Released Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Sweepstakes: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet or wireless providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Internet in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability the Internet or of a Twitter account and/or associated email account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical, technical, computer, network or human errors which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Entries, the announcement of prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties and Twitter, Inc. are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer or web- enabled device resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE
RESULT OF RELEASED PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
7. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees (a) to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes; (b) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
By accepting a prize, each winner (a) agrees that Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes; from participation in or acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize, including travel thereto and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, and each of their respective designees, except where legally prohibited, the right to use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and/or biographical information at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Sweepstakes (including any prize) is compromised, modified or canceled due to pandemics or epidemics, outbreaks of infectious disease or any other public health crisis including quarantine measures of any government authority or other restrictions, weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, government restriction, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner will be responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. The Grand Prize winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the value of their prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If the prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, technical failures or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to (a) cancel, suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes or any part of it, (b) disqualify any individual who is responsible for such action, and (c) select the remaining winner(s) from Entries received prior to action taken in a manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor and Administrator.
9. GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, by participating, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants, consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal and local courts
located in Roanoke, Virginia.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by November 30, 2021 to: Advancing with Advance Sweepstakes Winner's List, c/o GSE, PO Box 130, Dept. 21-8164, Glencoe, MN 55336-0130.
12. SPONSOR: Advance Stores Company, Incorporated, 5008 Airport Rd, Roanoke, VA 24012.
© 2021 Advance Stores Company, Incorporated
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Sweepstakes shall be directed to the Sponsor and not to Twitter.
NASCAR, LLC is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC. NASCAR® and NASCAR Cup Series™ are owned by the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, LLC.